This post will outline ways to improve your chatbot engagement, so you and your customers get the most out of their experience.
Many businesses are still getting their heads around the art of improving your chatbot engagement. And it makes sense; when you think about what a typical user journey looks like, there are a lot of steps involved:
- A consumer goes to your website and finds your chatbot.
- The consumer decides to use and engage with the chatbot.
- The consumer starts forming an emotional connection with the brand and its values by engaging with the bot.
- The consumer makes a purchase or shares their social media account credentials so they can get more personalized content from you later on (if only we could all have such easy access)
So, how can we get a chatbot to not just pop up but attract a website visitor to engage with it?
Seven Tips For Improving Your Chatbot Engagement and Retention Rates.
Consider these seven tips when working on your chatbot content to bump up engagement rates and keep website visitors engaged:
- Keep it simple. Don’t make users work too hard, or they’ll give up. Give them a simple and quick way to complete their task and get what they need from your bot. If you want them to engage with more than one feature in your app, ensure each feature is accessible through its own button or link on the homepage.
- Make sure there’s a clear purpose for everything throughout the chatbot experience. Don’t just clutter up the messaging window with fun facts or random questions—make sure there’s a real reason why users would be using this instrument at all times (e.g., “click here if you want help finding our new collection of men’s underwear”). The more focused it is on achieving one goal, the easier it will be for users to navigate around to accomplish that goal quickly—and then leave!
- Give it a personality! Next time you chat with a customer service rep over the phone or through another medium like email, note whether they use first-person pronouns such as “I” instead of third-person pronouns such as “we” or “they”; this will make their responses feel more personal and relatable as opposed to distant and impersonal.
- Ensure the chatbot is responsive. Responsive means responding quickly when users reach out for assistance — but not so quickly that it feels spammy! Ensure that your response time is reasonable for whatever industry you operate in (e.g., fast food chains should have shorter response times than wine distributors).
- Make sure that every message sent by your program gets an instant response from another party within 30 seconds (or less). This means not only that there should be enough staff members available 24/7 but also that these employees are well-trained enough so as not to waste time answering repetitive questions already covered elsewhere online about how long shipping takes when ordering products online versus offline via catalogs.
- Leverage Artificial Intelligence to improve the experience of using your chatbot by learning about what people like about their interactions with the app and then learning from their feedback to make subsequent conversations better than before.
- Make it helpful. Being helpful is essential because it makes every effort worthwhile! Your chatbot should provide answers wherever possible instead of just referring users back to other channels like search engines or FAQs; your goal here isn’t just customer satisfaction but also to increase sales conversions!
How Does Chatbot Engagement Help You?
Engaging website visitors can help you convert them. Chatbots, depending on how you set it up, can:
- Help your leads find their way around your website
- Offer up content straight out of the gate
- Personalize and create more unique experiences for your website’s visitors
- Book more meetings for your sales team
Chatbots are a great way to connect with your customers, but they can be a colossal waste of money if you don’t know how to optimize them. The key is to make your chatbot more engaging and personal. Once you do that, you’ll see an increase in engagement and retention rates, leading to more sales and higher profits!
If you’re looking for ways to increase website conversions, there’s more than just chatbots. Talk to us, and let’s see how we can turn your website into a lead conversion engine.