Setting a Content Strategy can be difficult, but we’ve got you covered with a content strategy template to help you start planning today!
Content Strategy is a hot topic right now, and for good reason. As consumers, we spend a lot of time on social media channels like YouTube, Instagram, and even for work with LinkedIn. These platforms are responsible for most of our online interactions with brands. But what does this mean for marketers?
Content marketing is no longer just about blogging: it’s about creating an entire experience that engages your audience and helps them learn more about who you are and what you do. Let’s talk about it.
What is a Content Strategy?
So you’re writing content. Great! But you need to figure out what to do with it, and a content strategy template is a perfect starting point.
Content strategy is a plan for creating, delivering, and governance of content across multiple channels to drive business goals.
Content strategy is essential in building brands, social accounts, web pages, and apps with impactful user experiences. A well-planned project will help your site attract and retain visitors by providing them with relevant information when they need it most—and that’s what keeps their eyes on your page (and not on the other millions of options available online).
It also ensures that your company has a consistent voice across all its messaging channels: social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook, email marketing campaigns, you name it!
Why Do You Need a Content Strategy?
A content strategy is a plan for how your business creates, distributes, and curates valuable content for your audience. It’s the “why” behind your content — why it matters and what makes it unique compared to other businesses in your industry.
Moreover, without a good understanding of this “why,” it’s hard to know what valuable story to tell or why someone would want to read it (or listen or watch). A well-researched and thoughtfully crafted strategy will help keep all the different elements of your content on track, so they all contribute towards telling one cohesive story that resonates with customers — the result: an engaged community who trusts you as an authority in the industry.
But that sounds like a lot time you’re ging to be spending planning and not executing. So, to speed that up, use a content strategy template.
Key Benefits of Using a Content Strategy Template
Because you’re reading this article, I’m assuming you’ve heard that “content is king.” But what does that mean? It means more than just having a blog or website. Content is the foundation of your business and brand, and it’s essential to have a plan in place for your content.
A content strategy template gives you a framework for creating and managing different types of content — from blogs and webinars to infographics and videos — that help you reach new audiences, sell products, and grow your business overall.
Using a Template Will Help You
Using a content strategy template is the best way to ensure that you have a clear vision for your content and that everyone on your team is on the same page.
Here are 5 reasons why using a template can help you:
- It’s easy to use. Just download and start filling in the blanks.
- It covers all bases – You don’t want to miss out on any areas when creating or updating your strategy! Having everything laid out will help you make better content and then help distribute it on the right channel. Also, it’ll help with crafting platform and persona-specific content.
- It’s easy to follow – Once you have your customized content strategy template, it will be much easier for everyone on your team to understand what they need to do. Furthermore, team members have an actionable plan for how they can contribute towards achieving their overall goals.
- Customizing is more straightforward than creating. You can springboard setting up your content strategy by leveraging a template and customizing it to fit your needs. Spend less time setting up and start planning to get to execution faster.
- It’s free. Your ROI can only go up from here.
What is a Content Strategy Template
The content strategy template is a guide that helps you to create a plan and calendar for your content marketing efforts.
You’ll only need to define the following:
- A brief overview of your business goals
- The type of content that’ll be created (blog posts, ebooks, etc.)
- How often should each type be published (weekly, monthly, etc.)
- The tools needed (WordPress theme)
- How much time does creating each piece need
Content strategy is an integral part of your marketing plan, and a content strategy template can help you ensure you’re doing it right. Don’t stay in the spreadsheets forever, though!
You’ll need to expand your operations and will need more streamlined tools. If you’re wondering where the next step is, reach out!